Updated: 6th May 2020
Nojoto is an expression platform. Our product and services provides amazing way to express, get discovered and become famous.
We deeply care and realize the importance of protecting your personal information; hence we take privacy as a serious concern, and are committed to making Nojoto a product that people/Users love and trust. There are many different ways you can use our Services including but not limited to uploading photos, videos, communicating with other Users or search for people with common interest.
A transaction on Nojoto is to be conducted by persons above the age of 18 years only. If you are under 18 years of age, you are not allowed to make a transaction in Nojoto. It is the duty of the legal guardians of all persons below 18 years of age to ensure that their wards do not make a transaction without their supervision on Nojoto. It shall be automatically deemed that by allowing any person below the age of 18 years to transact on Nojoto, their legal guardians have expressly consented to their use and we disclaim any liability arising from your failure to do so.
1. Information we collect and how we use it
Information we collect:
There are three basic categories of information we collect:
- Information you provide.
- Information we get when you use our services.
- Information we get from third parties.
Here’s a little more detail on each of these categories.
A. Information You Provide
When you interact with our services, we collect information that you provide to us. For example, most of our services require you to set up a Nojoto account, so we need to collect a few important details about you, such as your name, username, password, email address, phone number, and date of birth. We may also ask you to provide us with some additional information that will be publicly visible on our services, such as a profile picture. Other services, such as commerce products, may require you to provide us with a debit, credit card number or link PayTm account and its associated account information.
Keep in mind that the users who view your stories and any other content can always save that content or copy it outside the app. So, the same common sense that applies to the internet at large applies to Nojoto as well: Don’t share content that you wouldn’t want someone to save or share.
When you contact customer support or communicate with us in any other way, we’ll collect whatever information you volunteer or that we need to resolve your question.
B. Information We Get When You Use Our Services
When you use our services, we collect information about which of those services you’ve used and how you’ve used them. We might know, for instance, that you watched a particular Story, saw a specific ad for a certain period of time. Here’s a fuller explanation of the types of information we collect when you use our services:
- Usage Information. We collect information about your activity through our services. For example, we may collect information about.
- how you communicate with other people on Nojoto, such as their names, the time and date of your communications.
- Content Information. We collect content you create on our services, and information about the content you create or provide and the metadata that is provided with the content
- Device Information. We collect information from and about the devices you use. For example, we collect
- information about your hardware and software, such as the hardware model, operating system version, device memory, advertising identifiers, unique application identifiers, apps installed, unique device identifiers, browser type, language, battery level, and time zone
- information from device sensors, such as accelerometers, gyroscopes, compasses, microphones, and whether you have headphones connected, and
- information about your wireless and mobile network connections, such as mobile phone number, service provider, IP address, and signal strength.
- Device Phonebook. Because Nojoto is also about communicating with friends, we may-with your permission-collect information from your device’s phonebook.
- Camera and Photos. Many of our services require us to collect images and other information from your device’s camera and photos. For example, you won’t be able to upload photos and videos from your camera roll unless we can access your camera or photos.
- Location Information. When you use our services we may collect information about your location. With your permission, we may also collect information about your precise location using methods that include GPS, wireless networks, cell towers, Wi-Fi access points, and other sensors, such as gyroscopes, accelerometers, and compasses.
- Log Information. We also collect log information when you use our website, such as
- details about how you’ve used our services;
- device information, such as your web browser type and language;
- access times;
- pages viewed;
- IP address;
- identifiers associated with cookies or other technologies that may uniquely identify your device or browser; and
- pages you visited before or after navigating to our website.
C. Information We Collect from Third Parties
We may collect information about you from other users, our affiliates, and third parties. Here are a few examples:
- If you link your Nojoto account to another service (or a third-party app), we may receive information from the other service, like how you use that service.
- Advertisers, app developers, publishers, and other third parties may share information with us as well. We may use this information, among other ways, to help target or measure the performance of ads. You can learn more about our use of this kind of third-party data in our Support Center.
- If another user uploads their contact list, we may combine information from that user’s contact list with other information we have collected about you.
2. How We Use Information
What do we do with the information we collect The short answer is: Provide you with an amazing set of products and services that we relentlessly improve.
Here are the ways we do that:
- develop, operate, improve, deliver, maintain, and protect our products and services.
- send you communications, including by email. For example, we may use email to respond to support inquiries or to share information about our products, services, and promotional offers that we think may interest you.. You can unsubscribe from receiving the marketing information at any time by using the unsubscribe function within the electronic marketing material.
- monitor and analyze trends and usage.
- personalize our services by, among other things, suggesting friends, profile information or customizing the content we show you, including ads.
- provide and improve our advertising services, ad targeting, and ad measurement, including through the use of your precise location information (again, if you’ve given us permission to collect that information), both on and off our services.
- enhance the safety and security of our products and services.
- verify your identity and prevent fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity.
- use information we’ve collected from cookies and other technology to enhance our services and your experience with them
- enforce our Terms of Service and other usage policies and comply with legal requirements.
3. How We Share Information
We may share information about you in the following ways:
- With other Nojotoians. We may share the following information:
- information about you, such as your username, name
- information about how you have interacted with our services, and other information that will help Nojotoians understand your connections with others using our services. For example, because it may not be clear whether a new friend request comes from someone you actually know, we may share whether you and the requestor have Nojoto friends in common.
- any additional information you have directed us to share.
- content you post or send.
- With all Nojoto members, our business partners, and the general public.
- public information like your name, username and profile pictures.
- With third parties.
- We may share information about you with service providers who perform services on our behalf, including to measure and optimize the performance of ads and deliver more relevant ads, including on third-party websites and apps.
- We may share information about you, such as device and usage information, to help us and others prevent fraud.
- We may share information about you for legal, safety, and security reasons. We may share information about you if we reasonably believe that disclosing the information is needed to:
- We may disclose personal information to the Cyber Law Department of India if the User/s has violated the provisions of the Information Technology Act, 2000 or any other law for the time being in force in India.
- We may also disclose personal information to the concerned authorities under the Information Technology Act, 2000 or any other act for the time being in force in India, if we believe that the User/s is committing any fraud or is doing any illegal activity or is encouraging cyber terrorism or doing any other act which will hamper the national security and integrity of India or of any other country to which the User belongs and/or have accessed to Nojoto.
- We may disclose personal information in response to a witness summons warrant, court order, levy, attachment, order of a court-appointed receiver or other comparable legal process, including subpoenas from private parties in a civil action.
- We may disclose information to your agent or legal representative (such as the holder of a power of attorney that you grant, or a guardian appointed for you).
- We may share aggregated statistical data with others for public relations, marketing or other purposes. Such data will not, however, be tied to personally identifiable information.
- investigate, remedy, or enforce potential Terms of Service violations.
- protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our users, or others.
- We may share information about you as part of a merger or acquisition. If Nojoto gets involved in a merger, asset sale, financing, liquidation or bankruptcy, or acquisition of all or some portion of our business to another company, we may share your information with that company before and after the transaction closes.
We may also share with third parties that provide services to us or perform business purposes for us aggregated, non-personally identifiable, or de-identified information.
4. Third-Party Content and Integrations
We may share your data with advertising networks and/or social media platforms for the purposes of selecting and serving relevant adverts to you via those networks/platforms, and to search engine and analytics providers.
Nojoto and its services may contain links to third-party websites, including identity verification and social networking websites. Your use of these features may result in the collection or sharing of information about you, depending on the feature. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of other websites or services to which we link. We do not endorse or make any representations about third-party websites or services. The personal data you choose to provide to or that is collected by these third parties is not covered by our Privacy Statement. We strongly encourage you to read such third parties’ privacy statements.
5. How Long We Keep Your Information
We will retain your personal information and any other information posted, uploaded and/or shared by you for as long as your account is active. If you wish to cancel your account you may delete your account. In case you delete your account with us we may retain and use your information as necessary to comply with any outstanding legal obligations related to any disputes you have with us. Save and except the above, we will immediately delete your information upon request of deletion of account. However you agree and accept that in case of any inquiry from the Cyber Law Department of India regarding your account or regarding the account of any other User who is connected with you, we will retain your personal information and other such information even if you delete your account. You agree and acknowledge that we will not delete from our servers files that you have in common with other users.
- We store your basic account information-like your name, phone number, and email address-and list of friends until you ask us to delete them.
- We’re constantly collecting and updating information about the things you might like and dislike, so we can provide you with more relevant content and advertisements.
- If you ever decide to stop using Nojoto, you can just ask us to delete your account. We’ll also delete most of the information we’ve collected about you after you’ve been inactive for a while-but don’t worry, we’ll try to contact you first!
6. Control Over Your Information
Nojoto gives you an option to review, update, correct or delete the Personal Information provided by you at the time of registering with us by changing your “account settings.” In some cases we may retain your earlier personal information if required by law.
We want you to be in control of your information, so we provide you with the following tools.
- Access, Correction, and Portability. You can access and edit most of your basic account information right in our apps. Because your privacy is important to us, we will ask you to verify your identity or provide additional information before we let you access or update your personal information. We may also reject your request to access or update your personal information for a number of reasons, including, for example, if the request risks the privacy of other users or is unlawful.
- Revoking permissions. In most cases, if you let us use your information, you can simply revoke your permission by changing the settings in the app or on your device if your device offers those options. Of course, if you do that, certain services may lose full functionality.
When you deactivate your account, your account is put on hold. Other users cannot see your profile, but we do not delete any of your information. As you may want to reactivate your account at some point in the future, we do not delete any information from your account.
To deactivate your account you can email us at Team@Nojoto.com
Removing your name or any personal identification from the information: For example, if you choose to deactivate your Nojoto account, your name and related information will be removed from the information
When an account is deleted it is permanently deleted from Nojoto. It normally takes around one-two months to delete an account, nevertheless some information might still remain in backup copies and logs for a reasonable amount of time for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes. Only delete your account if you are sure and you never wish to reactivate it.
You can delete your account by writing an email to Team@Nojoto.com
Our aim is to maintain our services in such a manner that it protects information from unanticipated or malign destruction. Hence, normally after you delete information from our services, we might not instantly delete remaining copies from our active servers and might not remove information from our backup systems.
Removing your name or any personal identification from the information: For example, if you choose delete your Nojoto account, all your information, nobody on the Site with whom you had shared information will be able to see your content.
- You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your password and account information and for controlling access to your email communications at all times.
- Nojoto uses industry standard measures to protect all information that is stored in our servers and/or within our database. We limit the access to this information to those employees who on “need to know” basis need access to perform their job function such as our customer service personnel.
10. Our Policy towards Children
Our Services are not directed to persons under 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. Nojoto shall not be held responsible and/or liable if you are below the age of 13 and you falsely represent and warrant yourself to be of 13 years of age or older. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with Personal Information, we will take steps to delete such information from our files.
11. Contacting Us
If you have an enquiry or a complaint about the way we handle your personal information, or to seek to exercise your privacy rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you, you may contact our customer grievance officer as follows:
By Mail: NJT Network Private Limited
6006, DLF Phase IV,
Sector 27, Gurugram, Haryana 122009
By Email: Team@Nojoto.com