Discover & Read Best Stories about highest rated comedy movies. Also Read about movies, telugu movies, tamil movies, comedy movies, new comedy movies, latest hindi movies, funny movies, best comedy movies, mgr movies, movies 2015, maa movies, top comedy movies, latest comedy movies, comedy movies list, top 10 comedy movies.
Image SourceLike most offbeat movies, this one isn’t very famous. The movie will hit you so hard that you cannot not be affected by it. You might love it, You might hate it because it will depress you, make you cry but there is no chance that you’ll be unaffected. Tulip Joshi is so brilliant that you’ll wonder why is she not approached by directors. The world created by the movie makers will take you in the grotesque, scary, hair-raising dystopian world as a result of female infanticide. Do yourself a favour and watch it.
2. MasaanImage SourceAn offbeat movie that was watched and discussed by many. It’s a story of how four lives intersect along the Ganges and that gives an insight into love, life and death. One of the finest movies of 2015, this movie will be a chilling experience. Beautifully written and directed, with top-notch performances by the actors, it’s a do not miss movie!
3. The Blue UmbrellaImage SourceVishal Bharadwaj is the master of adaptations. Based on Ruskin Bond’s short story, the story captures the simple life of a small hill-town and tells the story of a girl whose favourite blue umbrella gets stolen. The little girl is adorable and Pankaj Kapoor absolutely makes the film an extraordinary one.
4. ParzaniaImage SourceBased on the real life story of a Parsi family whose son goes missing during the Gujarat riots, the movie is deeply impactful. The director, the cinematographer, the story writer, the script writer, the actors, everyone is commendable. And it’s a shame it was never released in Gujarat. It’s a shame when people are left devoid of such movies.
5. DorImage SourceIt’s very hard to make a simple movie. A movie of two simple women, very different from each other, linked by a tragedy. Their budding friendship is so beautifully written and scripted. Dor is so much more than a story about their friendship. It’s a story about the wide gap in how the women are treated in the urban and rural ares. It’s about the struggle of a widow. Ayesha Takia and Gul Panag are pure brilliance.
6. GulaalImage SourceAnurag Kashyap is the master-maker of offbeat movies. A huge fan, I simple cannot fathom how this man makes his movies. The story of a law student whose journey will leave you speechless. It is dark, moving, engrossing and brain consuming. The cast is awesome and Kay Kay Menon steals the show! Do, do watch it!
7. Black FridayImage SourceAnother movie by Anurag Kashyap! Based on the investigations following the 1993 serial bomb blasts…this movie is raw, dark, real and brilliantly made. The performances, direction, background score, use of colours, light, effects, everything makes the movie mind blowing. Not everyone is as brave as Mr. Kashyap to take up the task of making such a movie and executing it so well.
8. Mumbai Meri JaanImage SourceNishikant Kamat is another director who’ll stun you with his movies. The story of how the Mumbai serial bombings affected the lives of 5 people unrelated to each other. The story is beautifully written and the stories of the 5 different people blend in seamlessly. The cast is again just perfect and you’d missing a lot if you haven’t watched this movie yet!
9. LakshyaImage SourceVery few offbeat movies cast a hero popular amongst the masses. This is one such movie which had established that Hrithik is a brilliant actor and more, that Farhan Akhtar is an even brilliant director. It’s the story of a good-for-nothing jobless, grown man who joins the army and turns over a new leaf. Preity Zinta is flawless, too.
10. UdaanImage SourceAlmost every cinephile would have watched this movie. For those who haven’t, Udaan will leave you spellbound with it’s brilliant story-telling. Nobody can play the character of an ultra-strict father better than Ronit Roy and Rohan’s journey of freedom is something you’ll have to witness to appreciate it!
11. The LunchboxImage SourceWhat a brilliant work of art! The best of the movies are the ones that tell a simple tale. The story of two lives whose paths cross because of a wrong delivery is what the story is about. When there are actors like Irrfan Khan and Nawazuddin, you don’t have to say much. But what’s amazing is that Nimrat Kaur is at par and her work is just wonderful.
12. A WednesdayImage SourceThe cast is so inviting: Anupam Kher, Naseeruddin Shah, Jimmy Shergill…you would want to watch the movie without further checking the IMDB. The movie is fantastic. A case that keeps haunting a retired police officer, the case of a man and a Wednesday. The dialogues will make you whistle and you’ll fall in love with offbeat cinema!
13. Monsoon WeddingImage SourceMira Nair is a woman I highly respect. And if I had a chance, I would love to learn the art of making movies from her. Monsoon Wedding is a 2001 film which talks about so many issues in the most subtle manner. There are many stories in this film. The story of a stressed father, the bride with a secret, the bride’s cousin with a deeper, darker secret. It’s an overwhelming ride of emotions and the beauty of relationships.
14. No SmokingImage SourceAnother film from Anurag Kashyap. Watch this strange movie since it tells the tale of a man who is a chain smoker. The movie is not just about quitting smoking; it’s about quitting any addiction. Welcome to realistic cinema. The theme is hard to make a movie on that’s why Kashyap is pure genius.
15. SwadesImage SourceAnother offbeat, a brilliant movie starring a famous star! I can absolutely watch this movie over and over again. The story of a man who comes to India to take his nanny with him to the U.S.A. but instead falls in love with India. The movies will show the life of rural India and honestly, at the end will make you hopeful. Shahrukh Khan is wonderful and the movie is a must-watch.
16. Stanley ka DabbaImage SourceSoft, simple and a gem of a movie. If you think it’s a movie for kids, please throw your preconceived notions out the window and watch this beautiful movie. It revolves around a teacher who forces students to share their tiffins with him and threatens one because he is unable to bring one. Very moving, very well written and amazingly executed!
17. Being CyrusImage SourceOriginally named ‘Akoori’, this movie is about a young man who enter the lives of the dysfunctional Sethna family. It is a dark, intense, comic urbane film and a movie well ahead of its time. Very intelligently written and well-directed, this movie should be on your bucket list.
18. MaqboolImage SourceIt’s extremely difficult to adapt a play and convert it into a movie that tells the story in an Indian way. So hats-off to Vishal Bharadwaj for his brilliant adaptation! The casting is superb and so is the characterization. The script is fantastic and Macbeth couldn’t have reached the masses in a better way!
19. AligarhImage SourceIf you haven’t seen this movie, you probably have missed out so much. The story of a professor expelled from his university because of his sexual orientation and his struggles is heart-wrenching and honestly, making a movie on a controversial topic is brave. The movie might seem slow at times but I love it. The scene where Manoj Bajpai sings a song along with the radio is so touching and moving and wonderfully executed. A brilliant movie that should definitely be watched.
20. The NamesakeImage SourceBased on Jhumpa Lahiri’s novel and directed by Mira Nair, the movie will take you into its world and leave you speechless! It gives you a look into family ties, clashing value and culture and all of it is so beautifully written and directed. Kudos to you, Mira Nair!
21. Manorama: Six Feet UnderImage SourceThis movie is intriguing, complex and gives you a thrilling ride. It’s not a simple movie and it will weave the story into web and then untangle it slowly. Abhay Deol is obviously fantastic and will leave a deep impact on you. Gul Panag is amazing too! Watch it and see it for yourself!
22. DasvidaniyaImage SourceVinay Pathak is one of my favorite actors and no one can do the protagonist’s role better than him. This movie will leave you pleased, satisfied and wondering how you delayed watching it. The story about a man loves to make lists and makes a final one when he realizes he is about to die. The story is simple and the performances are brilliant.
23. ShahidImage SourceBased on the real-life story of controversial lawyer Shahid Azmi who was assassinated in 2010, this movie was very moving and had a deep impact. Rajkumar Rao is amazing and he’ll leave you stunned by his performance. It is honest and very responsibly made. Do watch it if you have a love for cinema!
24. LSDImage SourceThree stories told through a camera which is a part of the story is amazing! The cast is new but very convincing. The director has tried something new in the movie and has succeeded to an extent. Watch the movie for its experience.
25. Mr. and Mrs. IyerImage SourceNot really famous but a great movie that Indian cinema produced. The story about a devout Hindu woman who protects a Muslim man when communal riots break out. A very sensitive topic; the characters have been done justice and how couldn’t they have been done when played by Rahul Bose and Konkana Sen Sharma. Wonderful movie and should definitely be watched.
26. I Am KalamImage SourceSimple, sweet with perfect narration, it’s the story of a boy who calls himself Kalam with the hope of becoming like Abdul Kalam someday. It depicts the story of poor India and the struggles of uneducated masses. It’s a great watch!
27. IqbalImage SourceIqbal is one the movies that people watched and discussed. The story of a deaf and mute boy with a passion for cricket and his journey. Shreyas Talpade was so brilliant that he shocked us. The relationships are wonderfully portrayed the screenplay is very tight. If you haven’t watched this, please do!
28. Dev DImage SourceOne must think I am biased towards Anurag Kashyap but he owns the world of offbeat cinema. An unconventional interpretation and portrayal of Devdas, this movie is just superb. The music is fantastic and the performance will leave you reeling. So much talent in one movie, it overwhelms me.
29. Khosla Ka GhoslaImage SourceOffbeat and comedy. One of the very few comedy movies that’ll leave your stomach hurting. The story of a middle-class man from Delhi who tries to get back his land from a property dealer with the help of his family and friends. It should be watched if you are looking for a movie one can related to and laugh at!
30. Sulemaani KeedaImage SourceA hilarious movie on two struggling ‘bros’ who knock on every door in Mumbai to realize their dream of becoming writers. Very realistic and honestly, you will see your story somewhere in them. If you are a struggler in the city of dreams, you’ll be able to relate to it. And it’ll be strange and weird if you do not like i
What should be ideal replacement for CBFC in Indian movie industries?
India is a modern democracy so movies should be according to Indian people's demand.
Those who don't want to watch certain movies, they should be able to decide that according to rating of that movie
There should a rating agency-
Indian Movie Rating Board(IMRB)
There should be U which means Under the age of 13
For example- Chota Bhim movie
There should be PG 13 which means parent's guidence with 13 years old kid
For example- Taare Zamin Par
There should be A which means adult movies in Indian standard which basically means no nudity adult movies
For example- Pink
There should be R which means adult movies with nudity and extreme violence
For example- Hate Story
There should be R+ which means adult movies with plenty of nudity and plenty of violence
Foreign movies would be ideal example
Crank 2 and Sex Tape
There should be R++ which means extreme movies with extreme themes and pretty much everything is allowed so these movies will be very very shocking and if you are a weak hearted adult or over sensitive adult then you should avoid watching these movies
Example would be foreign movies in this case as I don't think Indian movies are made like this-
CBFC should be kicked out of India as soon as possible
Goal of Human Life?
Question: How are we to know that our aim is exclusively and only God (Self) Realization ? Since wealth is also worthy of being acquired, honour and status are also worth attaining, comforts and conveniences are also desirable, so many things are to be achieved, the question arises as to how to be sure that “God Realization” is the goal of our life?Swamiji: Is there anyone among you who wants such happiness that is not complete and perfect? Does anyone want happiness that is incomplete and transitory? Does anyone want a life that does not remain; that we live at times and other times we do not live? Does anyone here desire knowledge that is incomplete?We all desire happiness that never ends, a life that is eternal and knowledge that is perfect and complete in itself, knowledge that does not have the least bit of incompleteness in it, knowledge that is supreme and perfect. In fact, this longing within is the longing for the Supreme Truth of Life, God (Paramatma). Besides God, there is nothing which is eternal, perfect and absolute.We continue to suppress this desire to seek Truth by petty worldly desires and become happy and unhappy at times and intervals. Even a dog is pleased by happiness in small measures. A donkey too is pleased that way. That happiness should be achieved which is in no way incomplete, which is perfect in itself, that is not mixed with the least bit of sorrow or unhappiness. The world is incapable of offering happiness that has no deficiency or shortcoming. Thus worldly pleasures or happiness is not our goal. It is not our destiny. When we inquire on this deeply, we will realize that, that kind of happiness which is eternal, indivisible, without permitting any deficiency is only in one Supreme entity, the Lord-of-all ( Paramatma). In whatever measure the worldly things may be achieved, wealth, money, possessions, position, posts, name, fame, glories, kingdom, honour, respect, status etc., may fall to our lot, but that cannot give us contentment or full lasting satisfaction. On the contrary, let there be “more of it”, yes, still “more of it” such grows the greedy desire for them.We want to live, it means that we are dying or else why should there have been a longing to live? It is true that there is a desire to live. Having understood and known much in the world, there still lurks a desire to know ever more. Having obtained things in plenty, the desire to have more and more persists. Having done a lot in life, there is always a keenness to entertain the idea that though much has been done, yet this much has still to be accomplished. This sort of deficiency or incompleteness which is felt is knowing, gaining, doing etc., need to be recognized by man. It must be realized that this deficiency the world can never remove. This whole world may be achieved and yet this emptiness can never be filled, because the world is impermanent and ever changing. But think a little, what will happen once God is realized. In this regard, the Gita says - “yam labdhvaa chaaparam
laabham manyate naadhikam tatah.”
i.e. Having realised whom there is no gain higher than that.” Such is his experienced belief which none can shake. Having established himself in such a perfect state of God Realization, even the heaviest affliction born of stormy situations in life cannot in the least shake him from his solid rock like faith.
“yasminsthito na dukhena gurunaapi vichaalyate”
Even if he is sandwiched between the two conflicting mighty rocks and his body is crushed, then too even by that excruciating pain he is not dislodged or dissuaded from his unison with the Supreme Self. That pain has no access there. The pain cannot even touch that soulful state. Happiness is so much there that there can be no higher bliss than that. No sorrow can even cast its shadow on it. Tell, who wants such a blissful blessedness? People get contented even in small shares (alpa); that is a very big mistake.
The seekers do commit such a big error that while following the path, they get pleased or contented with elementary success midway. There is a Marawari saying; “adhe kutte kholana hi kheera hai.” i.e. for a blind dog even the “Kholana” (water from strained vegetables etc) is as good as rice cooked in milk (kheer). Similarly there are people that become highly pleased even with the acquisition of a little wealth, wisdom, honour, and fame in the world. What is truly achieved? The worldly achievements whatever it is, is indeed a deception. We need to realize the Supreme and the superior most truth! Even if we need wealth, it must be of the best and highest nature. Whatever we want, whether wisdom, riches, honour, status, praise, life, we want it to be of the noblest, purest and highest order. None can uproot this fundamental desire of man’s heart! And, nothing short of God Realization can satiate this deep-seated longing, because the supreme Tattva is no other than God Himself.
Arjuna says -
Na tvatsamo’styabhyadhikah kuto’nyo
lokatraye’ pyarpratimaprabhaava (gita 11/43)
i.e. Thou are of illimitable power and effect”; there is none like You; how can then anybody be more higher than what you are! Achievement of such a supreme thing should thus be the goal of our life.
That Tattva which was realized in ancient times by the earlier great ones, that sages and seers, saints and Sadhus, Sanakaadika and Devarshi Narada, Brahmaa, Shankara etc., - that very truth is realizable and can be realized even now in this Kaliyuga today. The worldly goods can not be obtained by one and all, but God can be realized by everybody. There is not a single man for whom God is inaccessible! Realization of that supreme truth, God alone, is the goal of human life.
My aim is God realization - only man is capable enough to realize this thing; not any other living being! Amongst living beings, cow is very holy animal, but we cannot make her understand this truth. Ponder a little, please, on the point. You come to Satsanga so early in the morning from very far distances and that too daily. Do you get any money here? Or any sensual enjoyments? Or any honour? Or any gains? Or any profits that you earn over here? If none of these then tell me what brings you here for satsanga so early in the pre-dawn hours?
Listener: We get peace and solace to our soul!
Swamiji: Peace perfect and full is what we need. If you get some or little amount of peace here and then you go away; and if your peace does not stay for long thereafter, then what is the use or value of such incomplete or transitory peace? We need the highest kind of peace which never comes to an end. But the mistake occurs when we get pleased with only petty peace of worldly nature!
One man was going to his village on a camel. He reached a mid-way village at the fall of night. There at one place a marriage ceremony was taking place. Drums and trumpets were being beaten and blown. That man was a Brahmin. Having reached the spot he came to know that “Bhoora” was about to be disbursed. “Bhoora” in Sanskrit is known as a special gift given to Brahmins on wedding occasions. That Brahmin fastened the camel outside the house and went inside to obtain the “Bhoora”. The thieves who happened to be there, saw the camel and they rode off with it. The Brahmin receive four annas for his “bhoora”, but when he came outside and saw the missing camel, he realized that his loss was significant – Rs 500, the cost of the camel.
The purport of the illustration is that in the petty achievements of transitory worldly things, some honour, some wealth, some pleasure, some status, some exotic foods – the camel of God Realization is forgotten and lost sight of. Such is the plight! The great Bliss is forsaken in favour of temporary glitter of worldly pettinesses, and small pleasures!
Eternal happiness is being lost in ephemeral happiness! People become happy in small doses of honours. One saint was told by some people that he was highly honoured and respected by them. The saint said : “What honour you can confer! Dust? All of you people can hardly pay any honour. We are honoured by God! What power have you to honour us? Truly, indeed, God alone decks His devotees, the saints, with the honour of immortality! How does a worldly person know what the real honour is?
The supreme gain which you crave for is in reality, the deep longing for God Realization. You may call, if you so desire, this longing “the urge to know”, “the urge to love” or “the urge to be happy for ever”. “the urge to see God face to face” “the urge for God Realization”. All mean one and the same thing. Only this is our goal. Be firm and fixed on this objective. Do not be pleased with the incomplete. If you do not get stuck up in the half incomplete, you will realize, the full.
This human body is the best of all the living forms. So, its ultimate goal should also be the best. There should be no higher goal than that ever thinkable. It is thus self-evident that God-Realization is the highest and the noblest goal of human life. Human life is meant only for this supreme purpose. Listener: Where is the guarantee, Holy Sir, that by giving up worldly pleasures, the highest truth of life will be attained? If we give up one and do not gain the other higher one, then shall we not remain empty altogether?
Swamiji: Arjuna also posed a similar question that if a seeker of yoga dies midway on the path of Yoga without realizing the Supreme, what plight would be of the poor one? Does he become “ubhaya-bhrasta” or fall from both the ends (Gita 6/37-38)? The world was renounced and God was not realized before he left his mortal coil – then will he only hang in between them? The Lord answered: “No Partha! He suffers no fall: neither in this world, nor in the next world; because O’ dear he who walks even little on the path of spiritual well-being never slips into any wretchedness or plight “durgati” (Gita 6/40).
If you happen to come across any traveller on the noble way of Welfare Supreme, you will yourself realize this truth. His gaiety, his bliss, his God intoxicatedness will have a peculiar halo, a specifically distinctive ring. The seekers of truth do register spiritual progress and they certainly enjoy extraordinary and ecstatic joy of life whereby they can never give up their search or Sadhana. That which is Supreme Bliss is obtainable by all, there is no doubt about it. Why is there no doubt? Because when we undertake spiritual practices, the peculiarities of divine life reveal themselves to us. Let you go in for soulfulness of divine discipline and then, the mysteries will be unfurled unto you too. There is an immense gain or joy in the association of the holy persons (satsang). We have not seen any other “upaaya” or means of realizing the highest goal of life. Countless are the means and people do follow one or the other of them, but the gain we obtain through Satsanga, we cannot acquire through any other means which we may adopt even for years.
From book "Be Good" by Swami Ramsukhdasji
नारायण ! नारायण ! नारायण !
India’s Top 15 Most Adventures and Thrilling Activities
India is gradually becoming a favoured adventure sports destination in the world. Best adventures spots destinations in India includes Scuba Diving in Netrani Karnataka,Raan of Kutch Biking Tours,Rock Climbing in Madhya Pradesh,Bungee Jumping in Chhattisgarh, Paragliding at Kamshet Maharashtra, White River Rafting in Sikkim,Flyboarding in Goa and Scuba Diving at Malvan Maharashtra.
Skydiving in Mysore, Karnataka
Mysore is listed as one of best skydiving destinations in India, skydiving experiences thrills you by jump off a plane with a parachute. The city is also host other ultimate aero sports experiences such as microlight flying and gliding in India.
Heli Skiing in Auli, Uttarakhand
Auli in the Himalayas of Uttarakhand state offers one of the highest and finest ski slopes in India. Heliskiing in India is one of the youngest winter season activity that mostly takes place in the northern states along with Skiing and snowboarding.
Mountain Biking at Singalila Ridge, West Bengal
Singalila mountain ridge separates mountain ranges of Bengal from Himalayas, running from northwestern West Bengal through Sikkim and host two highest peaks of West Bengal. Singalila Ridge is known as one of the most popular place for adventure mountain biking,trekking,camping and day hiking.
Scuba Diving in Havelock Island, Andaman
Havelock Islands is rated amongst the top dive centers in India along with other water sports that includes Sea walking, Snorkeling Coral reef tourism. Scuba diving allows you to explore the hidden treasures of the sea.
Bungee Jumping in Rishikesh, Uttarakhand
Bungee Jumping is one of the most extreme adventure sports in the world and Rishikesh is known as adventure capital of India. Rishikesh is one of the few places in India where Bungee Jumping activity take place along with giant swing and flying fox and white water rafting activity.
Hot Air Balloon Ride in Pushkar, Rajasthan
Pushkar, nestled in the rustic terrain of Rajasthan offers exhilarating experience with unique and amazing Hot Air Ballooning ride. Hot Air Balloon ride over the royal heritage and changing landscapes of Rajasthan is a lifetime experience.
Microlight Flying in Bangalore, Karnataka
Bangalore Jakkur aerodrome is one of India’s few dedicated Microlight Flying Center and offers an opportunity for you to get the lifetime experience. Microlight is the lowest category of aircrafts that gives a better flying experience in Bangalore,Mysore and Coorg.Image-enidhi
Sail a Yacht in Mumbai, Maharashtra
Boat and Yacht sailing in Mumbai offers romantic sailing experiences along the picturesque shorelines of Mumbai. Sailing experience will leave you mesmerized, something truly different from the other adventures and thrilling activities.
Parasailing at Baga Beach, Goa
Parasailing activity is a very popular water sports particularly in Goa along with many exciting activities such as banana ride,Jet Ski and other ocean water sports. Baga and Calangute Beach of Goa are famous for parasailing, water sports activity and dolphin cruises.
White River Rafting in Rishikesh, Uttarakhand
River Rafting is a very popular activity in Rishikesh and one of the most popular water sports in India. This challenging recreational activity most take place in Alaknanda, Bhagirathi, Indus, Zanskar and Teesta river of northern India.
Chadar Frozen River Trek, Ladakh
India is home to the world’s highest mountains and one of the major trek in the Himalayas includes Chadar Trek on frozen Zanskar river. Chadar frozen river trek is an extremely glamorous trek and has always captivated trekkers with its magical charm and snow beauty.
Dune Bashing in Jaisalmer, Rajasthan
Dune Bashing is actually known as desert safari in India, An adventure sport activity which is most popularly found in Sand Dunes near Jaisalmer amidst in Thar desert. Jaisalmer is most famous for its Sand Dunes,Camel Safari,Jeep Safari and Dune Bashing.
Waterfall Rappelling at Vihigaon, Maharashtra
Maharashtra is known for its natural vista especially during the monsoon season,Vihigaon Falls in Thane area is a perfect spot for waterfall rappelling in India. Waterfall rappelling or Canyoning is one of the lesser tried adventure sport in India.
Paragliding at Solang Valley, Himachal
Manali is emerging as the adventure sports capital of Himachal Pradesh with popular adventure sports like Paragliding,parachuting and Hot air ballooning. Solang Valley is also known for its summer and winter sport that includes Ice Skating,Skiing,Snowboarding and zorbing.
Flying Fox Zip Lining in Jodhpur, Rajasthan
The Mehrangarh Fort of Jodhpur offers you a unique and exhilarating experience of Flying Fox Zip Line between hill forts and ridge tops. Flying fox zip lining over Mehrangarh fort and Neemranafort palace offers spectacular and unique views of Jodhpur city. Image-jodhpuronline.
Type of movies that has tremendous fan following but I will never bother to watch it -
The whole Star Wars saga, prequel and sequels. Despite a lot of hype around this movie I have never bother to watch it. I don't think I ever will. I believe the only reason it is so popular with American audience specially because it was the first movie and TV show on this genres. People were surprised to see that movie can be like this. This was the beginning of science fiction movies in America. I really love science fiction movies but I will never watch those TV show and movies on Star Wars. Those are terrible TV show and movies. People in America love these movies so much because of the nostalgia, these are movies and TV show that they grow up watching and these are flims that made them excited about different ways. Made them think that things could be like that also but that it is just terrible. Sorry I had to say this. Please don't hate me