Best bollywood pc movies 2016 Shayari, Status, Quotes, Stories & Poem.
Okay, I keep seeing these same kind of questions again and again on Quora.
Let me ask you a question instead
When you are asking this kind of question, what is your thinking behind it?
Are you asking because you feel bollywood movies look lame compared to Hollywood movies or is it the fact that you are simply fed up seeing from your childhood same kind of bad Hollywood copy bullshit from people like Karan Johar?
Whatever the reason maybe, do any of you can come up with an uniform idea what exactly do you want to see from bollywood movies?
I don't think so, you won't be able to agree to any one single idea
What does that tell you?
We don't have any clue what we want from bollywood movies
But we don't like it
Because we are a confused country
We are a mordern country based on mediaeval sentiment as a result we are constantly struggling between mordernity and nostalgia
When we watch a Hollywood movie, we ask ourselves subconsciously, why bollywood movies can't be like that?
Well, Karan Johar (I never liked any of his movies) also ask himself that :D
But he can't really make one like that either
He tries but it turns everytime into a stupid hollywood copy bullshit waste of time movie
Now, let's say that he is a bad movie maker but even if for arguments sake, let's say he is a decent movie maker, then why can't he make good movies?
Because people like him also confused what to do in India, just like it's viewers
First of all, there's no story in most of the bollywood movies, in students of year, he created college students that don't exist in India.
Sidharth Malhotra's character is supposed to be a guy from places like California who is after becoming adult moved away from his parents house and living in places like Miami, he is a rich kid which is why well groomed from childhood but now he is poor as he is working as bartender in Miami so basically a rich world scenario
Siddharth Malhotra's character is supposed to be like that
Now, imagine such character in India where even word sex is taboo
What an irony!!!
Karan Johar really wants to turn Mumbai into California but he can't really do that either
Ha, ha, too bad for him censor board will police him
So in a way, he feels his hands are tied behind his back therefore end product is stupid
Then why movies like that have certain fan base
Because we don't live in conservative religious world anymore
Due to internet, Indians can see world in their home
So in a conservative society, western liberal world is very interesting therefore Indians want that in India but unfortunately it is not possible as long as older generations are in power
Therefore they have to satisfy themselves seeing bullshit Karan Johar movie because we hate our conservative society and it's life style, we don't like to admit but everyone knows this :D
So there's always a demand for such movies in India
Karan Johar knows that
Another one is body shaming, women's skin showing and confusion around it in bollywood and it's viewers:
What is general argument against Bollywood? It's stereo type women body over sexualisation . Well even in western flims they do that very very well and with quite success. I am sure you know exactly what I am taking about here. Actually a universal truth is sex sells and it sells well. Naked women body is such fuss therefore. So those item song you see in bollywood they are very soft version of those sex comedy in Hollywood or other western flims. In India you will see two kinds of critique of Bollywood - one is against those sanskari babuji type flims and another against these objectification of women body. Yet most of them will have no problem watching western Erotica or flims with nudity. Rest will be ultra conservative , so they will probably be stay clear of these. The question is why? Well to give an answer to that question some of them will say that because the scene demands it and they showed it with maturity. That's absolutely bullshit statement. That's actually showing they have no idea what they are taking about- there is some basic difference between western public and Indian public. In the West , there has been sexual revolution. It did not happen here. So thinking process of both the civilization formed over completely different base.
In western countries, people can have sex almost in front of their parents and children. Women can take their top off in public place such as on bitch. Couple can make out in public places with hands everywhere. These are unthinkable in India. So when there's a sex scene in western flims or full frontal nudity, it's not a big deal to western public but it is to Indian public.
Then what is the difference- the whole sexual revolution came on the basis of rejecting the morality of constructive religion - in this case Christianity - one of the reason today orthodox Christian are the real minority in West. In the West people realised quite early that morality is makeshift thing which is created by ancient people to control the society so that it doesn't go chaotic as they had limited knowledge about things around them. It was a best thought in that circumstances. But with time they realised what are the weakness of makeshift thing like morality . They realised that one can only make the morality work in real life if they are aware of its limitations otherwise any thought process of thinking it as absolute could hault progress , evolution, innovative thought process and eventually end of human civilization. This is the kind of thinking brought sexual revolution.
Now in India people don't think this way. Most often people don't even know how to think this way. They are not even aware of this . So as a result what's happening - on one hand people like conservative things and on the other hand people with more global mixing thought process don't exactly know why they are criticising certain things and that is why they made up argument based on very weird circumstances so that their whole argument gets at time contradicted with their act. Because they don't have the basic understanding of certain things like western public , they are saying to themselves - this is what happens in West so you better suck it up.
The problem with the Bollywood is actually what is the problem with India. As I said before India is a modern country based on mediveal morality and religion. So people are confused with the clash of modernity and mediveal morality and religion. Most liberal people are also not completely out of this confused lot. Most often these people take certain positions which can be very modern in certain way but in other ways same old morality and religious pampering. Because they don't get this modern world like western public do as I said before because of their different base of thinking process.
This is why so much hue and cry over Indian movies.
Truth is Indian movies won't change as long as Indian society remains conservative religious and sensor board there to police them.
Movie makers think that ordinary Indian life style are boring so a story on Indian life style won't be that exciting hence there's so many biopic on interesting Indian character in recent times due to all this criticism in recent times and those period movies therefore dramatized to do some kind of glam up for the same reason as well irrespective of the fact that they know they are going to get flak for that and in a way that's good for publicity
But as long as ordinary Indian people's life style won't be interesting enough to show on silver screen, you will keep seeing same Karan Johar bullshit again and again because we have a lot of stories but they are not that interesting enough to sell
This is an unfortunate reality
Edit: Hinduism bashing in Bollywood is completely different, I need to write a different answer for that :D
Why is in Hollywood new actors or less known actors play in Superhero character but in Bollywood only superstars play Superhero character?
Well plenty of reason-
Hollywood is sea compared to Bollywood that is why it's market is made of global viewers which means talents are coming from everywhere.
In America, people live or coming to get a job like this from all over the world, and they have to struggle a lot to reach there so in that process they become extremely good
Hollywood isn't bound by anything unlike Bollywood.
Bollywood is bound by sensor board
Bollywood is bound by limited money compared to Hollywood
Talents are not always as good as in Bollywood compared to Hollywood
Indian viewers don't want to see every kind of movie as India is a conservative developing country therefore very sensitive to most things, therefore sensor board still exists
India is modern country based on old world sentiments and morality therefore very sensitive to most things, therefore sensor board still exists
Indian movie makers know unlike in Hollywood, in Bollywood to make a movie hit isn't so simple, it is very complex rather. There is no particular theory that can guarantee its success or failure as Indian movie don't have much freedom when it comes to movie making
Unlike in Hollywood, in Bollywood story doesn't take first priority, it's not even a second or third priority, one can be argued whether it is even fourth priority or not.
Production house are therefore very conservative and insecured about spending money on projects that are slightly different from usual
Superstar charisma is big reason for success in Bollywood movies
People thinks that one can expect their kind of movies only from their favourite superstars, whereas in Hollywood there are plenty of superstars exist infact so much so that superstar concept itself isn't that relevant.
Most importantly young actors are way better in Hollywood than in Bollywood
Young actors are well groomed from childhood in Hollywood whereas only film industry's and rich people's sons and daughters are well groomed from childhood in Bollywood which means not all of are neither good finished material or even good actors.
Image SourceLike most offbeat movies, this one isn’t very famous. The movie will hit you so hard that you cannot not be affected by it. You might love it, You might hate it because it will depress you, make you cry but there is no chance that you’ll be unaffected. Tulip Joshi is so brilliant that you’ll wonder why is she not approached by directors. The world created by the movie makers will take you in the grotesque, scary, hair-raising dystopian world as a result of female infanticide. Do yourself a favour and watch it.
2. MasaanImage SourceAn offbeat movie that was watched and discussed by many. It’s a story of how four lives intersect along the Ganges and that gives an insight into love, life and death. One of the finest movies of 2015, this movie will be a chilling experience. Beautifully written and directed, with top-notch performances by the actors, it’s a do not miss movie!
3. The Blue UmbrellaImage SourceVishal Bharadwaj is the master of adaptations. Based on Ruskin Bond’s short story, the story captures the simple life of a small hill-town and tells the story of a girl whose favourite blue umbrella gets stolen. The little girl is adorable and Pankaj Kapoor absolutely makes the film an extraordinary one.
4. ParzaniaImage SourceBased on the real life story of a Parsi family whose son goes missing during the Gujarat riots, the movie is deeply impactful. The director, the cinematographer, the story writer, the script writer, the actors, everyone is commendable. And it’s a shame it was never released in Gujarat. It’s a shame when people are left devoid of such movies.
5. DorImage SourceIt’s very hard to make a simple movie. A movie of two simple women, very different from each other, linked by a tragedy. Their budding friendship is so beautifully written and scripted. Dor is so much more than a story about their friendship. It’s a story about the wide gap in how the women are treated in the urban and rural ares. It’s about the struggle of a widow. Ayesha Takia and Gul Panag are pure brilliance.
6. GulaalImage SourceAnurag Kashyap is the master-maker of offbeat movies. A huge fan, I simple cannot fathom how this man makes his movies. The story of a law student whose journey will leave you speechless. It is dark, moving, engrossing and brain consuming. The cast is awesome and Kay Kay Menon steals the show! Do, do watch it!
7. Black FridayImage SourceAnother movie by Anurag Kashyap! Based on the investigations following the 1993 serial bomb blasts…this movie is raw, dark, real and brilliantly made. The performances, direction, background score, use of colours, light, effects, everything makes the movie mind blowing. Not everyone is as brave as Mr. Kashyap to take up the task of making such a movie and executing it so well.
8. Mumbai Meri JaanImage SourceNishikant Kamat is another director who’ll stun you with his movies. The story of how the Mumbai serial bombings affected the lives of 5 people unrelated to each other. The story is beautifully written and the stories of the 5 different people blend in seamlessly. The cast is again just perfect and you’d missing a lot if you haven’t watched this movie yet!
9. LakshyaImage SourceVery few offbeat movies cast a hero popular amongst the masses. This is one such movie which had established that Hrithik is a brilliant actor and more, that Farhan Akhtar is an even brilliant director. It’s the story of a good-for-nothing jobless, grown man who joins the army and turns over a new leaf. Preity Zinta is flawless, too.
10. UdaanImage SourceAlmost every cinephile would have watched this movie. For those who haven’t, Udaan will leave you spellbound with it’s brilliant story-telling. Nobody can play the character of an ultra-strict father better than Ronit Roy and Rohan’s journey of freedom is something you’ll have to witness to appreciate it!
11. The LunchboxImage SourceWhat a brilliant work of art! The best of the movies are the ones that tell a simple tale. The story of two lives whose paths cross because of a wrong delivery is what the story is about. When there are actors like Irrfan Khan and Nawazuddin, you don’t have to say much. But what’s amazing is that Nimrat Kaur is at par and her work is just wonderful.
12. A WednesdayImage SourceThe cast is so inviting: Anupam Kher, Naseeruddin Shah, Jimmy Shergill…you would want to watch the movie without further checking the IMDB. The movie is fantastic. A case that keeps haunting a retired police officer, the case of a man and a Wednesday. The dialogues will make you whistle and you’ll fall in love with offbeat cinema!
13. Monsoon WeddingImage SourceMira Nair is a woman I highly respect. And if I had a chance, I would love to learn the art of making movies from her. Monsoon Wedding is a 2001 film which talks about so many issues in the most subtle manner. There are many stories in this film. The story of a stressed father, the bride with a secret, the bride’s cousin with a deeper, darker secret. It’s an overwhelming ride of emotions and the beauty of relationships.
14. No SmokingImage SourceAnother film from Anurag Kashyap. Watch this strange movie since it tells the tale of a man who is a chain smoker. The movie is not just about quitting smoking; it’s about quitting any addiction. Welcome to realistic cinema. The theme is hard to make a movie on that’s why Kashyap is pure genius.
15. SwadesImage SourceAnother offbeat, a brilliant movie starring a famous star! I can absolutely watch this movie over and over again. The story of a man who comes to India to take his nanny with him to the U.S.A. but instead falls in love with India. The movies will show the life of rural India and honestly, at the end will make you hopeful. Shahrukh Khan is wonderful and the movie is a must-watch.
16. Stanley ka DabbaImage SourceSoft, simple and a gem of a movie. If you think it’s a movie for kids, please throw your preconceived notions out the window and watch this beautiful movie. It revolves around a teacher who forces students to share their tiffins with him and threatens one because he is unable to bring one. Very moving, very well written and amazingly executed!
17. Being CyrusImage SourceOriginally named ‘Akoori’, this movie is about a young man who enter the lives of the dysfunctional Sethna family. It is a dark, intense, comic urbane film and a movie well ahead of its time. Very intelligently written and well-directed, this movie should be on your bucket list.
18. MaqboolImage SourceIt’s extremely difficult to adapt a play and convert it into a movie that tells the story in an Indian way. So hats-off to Vishal Bharadwaj for his brilliant adaptation! The casting is superb and so is the characterization. The script is fantastic and Macbeth couldn’t have reached the masses in a better way!
19. AligarhImage SourceIf you haven’t seen this movie, you probably have missed out so much. The story of a professor expelled from his university because of his sexual orientation and his struggles is heart-wrenching and honestly, making a movie on a controversial topic is brave. The movie might seem slow at times but I love it. The scene where Manoj Bajpai sings a song along with the radio is so touching and moving and wonderfully executed. A brilliant movie that should definitely be watched.
20. The NamesakeImage SourceBased on Jhumpa Lahiri’s novel and directed by Mira Nair, the movie will take you into its world and leave you speechless! It gives you a look into family ties, clashing value and culture and all of it is so beautifully written and directed. Kudos to you, Mira Nair!
21. Manorama: Six Feet UnderImage SourceThis movie is intriguing, complex and gives you a thrilling ride. It’s not a simple movie and it will weave the story into web and then untangle it slowly. Abhay Deol is obviously fantastic and will leave a deep impact on you. Gul Panag is amazing too! Watch it and see it for yourself!
22. DasvidaniyaImage SourceVinay Pathak is one of my favorite actors and no one can do the protagonist’s role better than him. This movie will leave you pleased, satisfied and wondering how you delayed watching it. The story about a man loves to make lists and makes a final one when he realizes he is about to die. The story is simple and the performances are brilliant.
23. ShahidImage SourceBased on the real-life story of controversial lawyer Shahid Azmi who was assassinated in 2010, this movie was very moving and had a deep impact. Rajkumar Rao is amazing and he’ll leave you stunned by his performance. It is honest and very responsibly made. Do watch it if you have a love for cinema!
24. LSDImage SourceThree stories told through a camera which is a part of the story is amazing! The cast is new but very convincing. The director has tried something new in the movie and has succeeded to an extent. Watch the movie for its experience.
25. Mr. and Mrs. IyerImage SourceNot really famous but a great movie that Indian cinema produced. The story about a devout Hindu woman who protects a Muslim man when communal riots break out. A very sensitive topic; the characters have been done justice and how couldn’t they have been done when played by Rahul Bose and Konkana Sen Sharma. Wonderful movie and should definitely be watched.
26. I Am KalamImage SourceSimple, sweet with perfect narration, it’s the story of a boy who calls himself Kalam with the hope of becoming like Abdul Kalam someday. It depicts the story of poor India and the struggles of uneducated masses. It’s a great watch!
27. IqbalImage SourceIqbal is one the movies that people watched and discussed. The story of a deaf and mute boy with a passion for cricket and his journey. Shreyas Talpade was so brilliant that he shocked us. The relationships are wonderfully portrayed the screenplay is very tight. If you haven’t watched this, please do!
28. Dev DImage SourceOne must think I am biased towards Anurag Kashyap but he owns the world of offbeat cinema. An unconventional interpretation and portrayal of Devdas, this movie is just superb. The music is fantastic and the performance will leave you reeling. So much talent in one movie, it overwhelms me.
29. Khosla Ka GhoslaImage SourceOffbeat and comedy. One of the very few comedy movies that’ll leave your stomach hurting. The story of a middle-class man from Delhi who tries to get back his land from a property dealer with the help of his family and friends. It should be watched if you are looking for a movie one can related to and laugh at!
30. Sulemaani KeedaImage SourceA hilarious movie on two struggling ‘bros’ who knock on every door in Mumbai to realize their dream of becoming writers. Very realistic and honestly, you will see your story somewhere in them. If you are a struggler in the city of dreams, you’ll be able to relate to it. And it’ll be strange and weird if you do not like i
What should be ideal replacement for CBFC in Indian movie industries?
India is a modern democracy so movies should be according to Indian people's demand.
Those who don't want to watch certain movies, they should be able to decide that according to rating of that movie
There should a rating agency-
Indian Movie Rating Board(IMRB)
There should be U which means Under the age of 13
For example- Chota Bhim movie
There should be PG 13 which means parent's guidence with 13 years old kid
For example- Taare Zamin Par
There should be A which means adult movies in Indian standard which basically means no nudity adult movies
For example- Pink
There should be R which means adult movies with nudity and extreme violence
For example- Hate Story
There should be R+ which means adult movies with plenty of nudity and plenty of violence
Foreign movies would be ideal example
Crank 2 and Sex Tape
There should be R++ which means extreme movies with extreme themes and pretty much everything is allowed so these movies will be very very shocking and if you are a weak hearted adult or over sensitive adult then you should avoid watching these movies
Example would be foreign movies in this case as I don't think Indian movies are made like this-
CBFC should be kicked out of India as soon as possible
Well, anyone can answer this question because most Indian grew up watching this movies. So I am not going to go into every single cliches. Because there's a lot. Instead I am going to mention some general ones and then most importantly I am going to explain why that is exactly.
Because it is important to point out the flaws but why that is more important.
Cliche number 1>
Looks, Looks, looks. Mr Roshan and Deepika Padukone.
Unless you look like her or him, you should live boringly or don't deserve anything.
Cliche number 2>
Finding love is the ultimate goal when without money and job or business everything else is meaningless in real life
Cliche number 3>
90% movies are love stories. Almost as if there's nothing exist other than love between two characters.
Cliche number 4>
Nerds don't get girls or hunk. So even if you are one, you can adapt. But in real life people change very slowly. Atleast in Indian context
Cliche number 5>
Happy ending. Really!!! Happy endings. In real life happy endings are rare.
These are all basic cliches of Indian movies, I am sure a lot more exist. But the point is not that. The point is why do they exist in the first place?
There's reason why bollywood do what it does
Look, India is still a Conservative society so they can't really show everything like western movies.
There's a lot of taboo attached and yet bollywood producers in their mind need to show something that is attractive and not boring to make viewers to buy tickets to go watch it in hall from Indian stand point as a result one would get certain over glamourised doctored version of reality because conservative society tend to be boring for silver screen
Having success in life is more important than anything else. After all you can't love someone when you are hungry :D
But Indian society is Conservative traditional one, it can't go beyond certain things.
This success in life is so very important and yet Indian society's conservative life style doesn't permit one to be truly professional. Because when a person truly professional, he and she can only then increase his or her true potential to work eithic hence a lot of progress in work place hence a lot of income.
What is truly professional?
Everything in your life centred around your job or business, your relationship only exist to take care of your mental aspect to be more efficient in your work place which means you don't necessarily have to have those traditional Indian marriage system, maybe one night stand and short term relationships are more suitable in that way. Basically relationships are there for you so that you don't feel alone and get distracted in your job or business.
Relationship are not primary in your life
Why am I saying all this?
Because most of the bollywood movies are copied from Hollywood movies. I am talking about rom com ones.
A guy in New York works in some MNC and then he suddenly met a girl in train who works in some NGO.
They talked, they laughed, they spent one evening, they made love to each other, they moved on to their lives next day.
Suddenly, hero and heroines realised that they are missing each other.
Love story starts.
This is a common plot in Hollywood rom com.
Bollywood copies it and make Indian version movie out of that.
But underlined line they are missing that unlike Indian society, these people's lives are not centred around marriage or family rather their job.
In the meantime, they sleep with their opposite gender not to feel alone.
They are potraying a perfect life of true professional which does not happen in India.
Because we don't know the meaning of true professional which is why our work culture also suffer. Truly professional isn't possible in Indian conservative middle class society anyway with large family and traditional customs. So work culture hampers as well.
So when bollywood is copying Hollywood, they are missing out that both the individual in stories don't have conservative big families to tell how they should live their lives. They are basically free and have money from their business and job, so they use that money to beautify themselves. Because they're not otherwise occupied like Indian family with relatives and parents and stuff.
So they look gorgeous.
Because they have money and they're not otherwise occupied to spend that money other than themselves and they work on it everyday.
Now how that is relevant in Indian society where a guy or girl suppose after passing JEE, working in some MNC.
He or she probably came from poor or middle class family where she or he probably have a lot of responsibility of their parents and other relatives in certain cases. Because it is traditional conservative society, parents are putting pressure to get married. Because it is Conservative society, sexual independence is zero hence from growing up days people would less likely to give importance to their looks to attract opposite gender. It's not in the Indian eco system.
In such a situation when bollywood copies Hollywood script to make an Indian version movie, a lot of things would look out of place.
Got it now why cliches are existing?