Nojoto: Largest Storytelling Platform

Best OnthisDay Shayari, Status, Quotes, Stories

Find the Best OnthisDay Shayari, Status, Quotes from top creators only on Nojoto App. Also find trending photos & videos about will someone love me one day, choose a job you love and you will never have to work a day in your life, love you day and night, a day to go meaning in hindi, a day to remember meaning in hindi,

• 7 Followers
  • 7 Stories
    PopularLatestVideo

Its Mohamed

mute video

PK

“𝐘𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐟 𝐄𝐯𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐈𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞” #OnthisDay September 3, 1965 F/L Keelor claimed to have downed F/L Yusuf’s F-86 that was in a 1v6 scenario but the latter managed to land safely. Keelor got Vir Chakra, Abhinandan too in 2019. One IAF Gnat landed in Sialkot!! #Mythology

read more
After the speed shooting by Sarfaraz Rafiqui & Bhatti, the next encounter was on 3rd September between six Gnats
intercepted by two F-86s led by
a good fighter pilot Flight Lieutenant Yusuf (fondly called Tangewallah by his buddies). Even though an F-104 was sent to their rescue, Yusuf was shot at by
the Indian Flight Lieutenant Keelor in a fierce air battle of virtually one versus six Gnats. During this air battle, Yusuf’s elevator was badly shot-up. The
account of air battle differs in both the PAF histories, as well as the compilations by Indian historians. With the vantage of hindsight and
availability of documentary information from both sides, facts need to be cleared. More importantly, the pilot, Yusuf needs to be paid
highly deserved tributes for his professional excellence & courage which he displayed during one ofthe most spectacular air battles ofthe 1965
war. He was pitted against six enemy fighters (Gnats) in aggressor roles, not counting the four Mysteres which were used as bait.
In fact, the Gnats were not on a CAS mission to start with as claimed in the PAF’s official history, but had been planned as a baiting mission to lure
PAF fighters in the air and destroy them. This was explicitly given as the mission aim briefed by Squadron Leader Greene on the night of 2nd Sept.
Factually, there were to be 12 aircraft involved in this preconceived “snare and shoot the Sabre” sortie. The Gnats attacked Yusuf while his
wingman lagged behind. The facts are that Yusuf’s plane did not disintegrate as was claimed by Keelor but it was damaged; he single-handedly put up a tremendous fight even though hugely out numbered 1:6. It is to his credit that he managed to extricate himself and his wingman
from six pursuing Gnats. Micky Abbas (who was flying F-104) played a crucial part in Yusuf’s escape because the sight of F-104
staggered the Gnats who did not press home their pursuit of two limping Sabres. IAF over reacted after this incident in branding the Gnat a
‘Sabre Slayer’, where in fact, commanders should have chewed their fighter pilots for letting two Sabres get away against six Gnats.
Yusuf, on other hand, showed great modesty by telling the story as it was without any embellishment or exaggeration unlike some other cases of air combat which followed after war started on 6th September and were reconstructed later. What came as a hilarious outcome (read
embarrassment) of this air battle was that Sqn Ldr Sikand, the Flight Commander of a Gnat Squadron,and a part of the eightship formation, had
strayed after he broke-off, allegedly owing to electrical failure and low fuel. He claimed that he mistook Pasrur airstrip for Pathankot air complex
and landed there, as a wideeyed Hakimullah watched him from his F-104, circling above in disappointment for not being able to take a shot at the
 Gnat. Hakim circled the strip till he saw the Pak Army men take the pilot. To say the least, it was amazing that a Flight Commander would mistake
a scraggy airstrip with no hills around or any infrastructure for a huge complex like Pathankot.
What stands out is that the six Gnats allowed two PAF Sabres, with an ineffective No 2 (wingman)and with a badly damaged aircraft (leader), to
get away. This news made such incredible headlines and hullabaloo at the highest level, that the IAF Chief Arjun Singh, still smarting from the loss
of 4 Vampires in one sortie,called the Defence Minister Chavan to give him the good news of Yusuf’s presumed destruction. Keelor was
bestowed a gallantry award for presumably blowing a Sabre to smithereens. Yusuf, however, not only survived but did some good shooting, as
admitted by Indian historians (awarded a kill – one Gnat destroyed on 13th Sept as noted in the Indo-Pak War of 1965 and Bharat Rakshak
website). It is worth a mention that the Indian story of Flt Lt Pathania’s dog-fight with another two Sabres was also a fantasy as there were no
other Sabres in the area.
The Indian historians may like to correct their record, that it was one F-86 damaged, and not ‘disintegrated’. Also, there is little justification in
 calling the Gnat a ‘Sabre Slayer’, when six Gnats could not destroy even one F-86. In the same vein, it would be prudent to remark that the failure
 of the Starfighters to hunt and destroy the enemy was not entirely the fault ofthe pilots. They had simply lacked proper combat training.
(Flight of the Falcon, S Sajad Haider)

©PK “𝐘𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐟 𝐄𝐯𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐈𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞”
#OnThisDay September 3, 1965

F/L Keelor claimed to have downed F/L Yusuf’s F-86 that was in a 1v6 scenario but the latter managed to land safely. Keelor got Vir Chakra, Abhinandan too in 2019. One IAF Gnat landed in Sialkot!!

krishna kant

विराट कोहली और प्लेसिस की तूफानी पारी से RCB ने MI को 8 विकेट से दी मात। #IPL #OnthisDay #ipl2023 #RCBvMI #OneFamily #RCBvMI #mumbaimerijaan #MumbaiIndians #ipl2023 #tataipl #न्यूज़

read more
mute video

Shree

SUNSET : "When the sun sets down, I remember your promise, To stay by my side..so close, No matter how long night is going to be, Whether I choose to be on your side, Or I am convinced to just play my part, No matter how far destiny pushes us apart, #OnthisDay #yqbaba #repost #yourquotebaba #a_journey_of_thoughts #unboundeddesires #3yearsofyourquote

read more
"You're mine in my world, 
Nothing can defy this fact, 
You're my sunshine, my breath,
Nothing can disguise this thought. 
I love you to the sun and back, 
Trust me, darling!  Yes, I said that!
And yes!  It's not easy for me to let...
my world diminish by saying goodbye!" SUNSET : 
"When the sun sets down,
I remember your promise, 
To stay by my side..so close, 
No matter how long night is going to be, 
Whether I choose to be on your side,
Or I am convinced to just play my part, 
No matter how far destiny pushes us apart,

Ashi Verma

“Before becoming a Muslim, a Sikh, a Hindu, or a Christian, let’s become a Human first.” #WednesdayWisdom #Hindu #aryasamaj #OnthisDay #Motivation #wednesdaymood #AryaSamajMarriageinIndia #AryaSamajMarriages

read more
 “Before becoming a Muslim, a Sikh, a Hindu, or a Christian, let’s become a Human first.” 
#WednesdayWisdom #Hindu #AryaSamaj #OnThisDay #Motivation  #WednesdayMood #AryaSamajMarriageinIndia #AryaSamajMarriages

Agarwal Ankit

दूसरे का बूरा व्ही सोचता है।
जिसके साथ कभी बुरा हुआ है। #NojotoQuote खुद का Quotes #Quotesoftheday #Thoutsoftheday #superb #thinking #like #share #follow #love #amritvani #india #onthisday #ideas

Satyaprem Upadhyay

#OnthisDay Sachin on his 25th birthday scored 134 to help Team India win the Coca Cola Triangular series against Australia. There are many memories associated with this knock.  1) Tony Whattaplayaa in the comm box 2) Sachin six off Kasprowicz. Watch it at start of 44th over 3) Sachin getting a car as Man of the Series on his 25th birthday  4) India winning in Sharjah  #Sachin #IndvAus #Cricket

read more
#OnthisDay Sachin on his 25th birthday scored 134 to help Team India win the Coca Cola Triangular series against Australia. There are many memories associated with this knock. 

1) Tony Whattaplayaa in the comm box
2) Sachin six off Kasprowicz. Watch it at start of 44th over
3) Sachin getting a car as Man of the Series on his 25th birthday 
4) India winning in Sharjah 

#Sachin #IndvAus

About Nojoto   |   Team Nojoto   |   Contact Us
Creator Monetization   |   Creator Academy   |  Get Famous & Awards   |   Leaderboard
Terms & Conditions  |  Privacy Policy   |  Purchase & Payment Policy   |  Guidelines   |  DMCA Policy   |  Directory   |  Bug Bounty Program
© NJT Network Private Limited

Follow us on social media:

For Best Experience, Download Nojoto

Home
Explore
Events
Notification