Nojoto: Largest Storytelling Platform

Best prizedphotograph Shayari, Status, Quotes, Stories

Find the Best prizedphotograph Shayari, Status, Quotes from top creators only on Nojoto App. Also find trending photos & videos about consolation prize meaning in hindi, prized possession meaning in hindi, prized meaning in hindi, consolation prize meaning in marathi, prized meaning in marathi,

• 1 Followers
  • 1 Stories

Snigdha Agrawal

Dates back to 6th December, 1975.  Taken indoors with a flash camera by a professional. Coloured one developed in Canada.  No colour photography development existed in India, four plus decades ago.  Eyes closed, (not really) holding the betel leaves over the eyes, right hand clutching onto the silver 'kajal' holder, sitting crossed legged on a wooden platform, hoisted on the shoulders of two young men...
brothers-in-law.  Draped in brocaded red Benarasi saree, bride bejeweled. The angst in her face clearly palpalable...what if it didn't turn out as expected.  Many 'what ifs' mixing with the smoke curls of the burning incense sticks. The auspicious "Shubho Drishti" moment when I exchanged glances with my would be husband, to the blowing of conch shell, to the tears that welled in the eyes of my parents, letting go of their daughter precious.  In contrast, to the  smiles plastered on many faces, enjoying the rituals of what a Bengali marriage entailed.  The prized photograph stuck in the album, slightly off coloured with the ages, brings back memories of how married life started.  A journey with many hiccups, but what matters most, we stuck it out and still on a roll.

#prizedphotograph #writingispiration #writingresolution #yqbaba #yqquotes #readwriteunite #writersnetwork #challenge

About Nojoto   |   Team Nojoto   |   Contact Us
Creator Monetization   |   Creator Academy   |  Get Famous & Awards   |   Leaderboard
Terms & Conditions  |  Privacy Policy   |  Purchase & Payment Policy   |  Guidelines   |  DMCA Policy   |  Directory   |  Bug Bounty Program
© NJT Network Private Limited

Follow us on social media:

For Best Experience, Download Nojoto

Home
Explore
Events
Notification