Discover & Read Best Stories about junoon movie. Also Read about filmywap 2017, movies 2017, ipl 2017, hindi movie, f filmywap 2017, hindi a movie, xxvi video 2017, download a movie, the download movie, movies online, dangal, new songs 2017, tamil movie download, ipl 2017 points table, cbse 10th result 2017.
Image SourceLike most offbeat movies, this one isn’t very famous. The movie will hit you so hard that you cannot not be affected by it. You might love it, You might hate it because it will depress you, make you cry but there is no chance that you’ll be unaffected. Tulip Joshi is so brilliant that you’ll wonder why is she not approached by directors. The world created by the movie makers will take you in the grotesque, scary, hair-raising dystopian world as a result of female infanticide. Do yourself a favour and watch it.
2. MasaanImage SourceAn offbeat movie that was watched and discussed by many. It’s a story of how four lives intersect along the Ganges and that gives an insight into love, life and death. One of the finest movies of 2015, this movie will be a chilling experience. Beautifully written and directed, with top-notch performances by the actors, it’s a do not miss movie!
3. The Blue UmbrellaImage SourceVishal Bharadwaj is the master of adaptations. Based on Ruskin Bond’s short story, the story captures the simple life of a small hill-town and tells the story of a girl whose favourite blue umbrella gets stolen. The little girl is adorable and Pankaj Kapoor absolutely makes the film an extraordinary one.
4. ParzaniaImage SourceBased on the real life story of a Parsi family whose son goes missing during the Gujarat riots, the movie is deeply impactful. The director, the cinematographer, the story writer, the script writer, the actors, everyone is commendable. And it’s a shame it was never released in Gujarat. It’s a shame when people are left devoid of such movies.
5. DorImage SourceIt’s very hard to make a simple movie. A movie of two simple women, very different from each other, linked by a tragedy. Their budding friendship is so beautifully written and scripted. Dor is so much more than a story about their friendship. It’s a story about the wide gap in how the women are treated in the urban and rural ares. It’s about the struggle of a widow. Ayesha Takia and Gul Panag are pure brilliance.
6. GulaalImage SourceAnurag Kashyap is the master-maker of offbeat movies. A huge fan, I simple cannot fathom how this man makes his movies. The story of a law student whose journey will leave you speechless. It is dark, moving, engrossing and brain consuming. The cast is awesome and Kay Kay Menon steals the show! Do, do watch it!
7. Black FridayImage SourceAnother movie by Anurag Kashyap! Based on the investigations following the 1993 serial bomb blasts…this movie is raw, dark, real and brilliantly made. The performances, direction, background score, use of colours, light, effects, everything makes the movie mind blowing. Not everyone is as brave as Mr. Kashyap to take up the task of making such a movie and executing it so well.
8. Mumbai Meri JaanImage SourceNishikant Kamat is another director who’ll stun you with his movies. The story of how the Mumbai serial bombings affected the lives of 5 people unrelated to each other. The story is beautifully written and the stories of the 5 different people blend in seamlessly. The cast is again just perfect and you’d missing a lot if you haven’t watched this movie yet!
9. LakshyaImage SourceVery few offbeat movies cast a hero popular amongst the masses. This is one such movie which had established that Hrithik is a brilliant actor and more, that Farhan Akhtar is an even brilliant director. It’s the story of a good-for-nothing jobless, grown man who joins the army and turns over a new leaf. Preity Zinta is flawless, too.
10. UdaanImage SourceAlmost every cinephile would have watched this movie. For those who haven’t, Udaan will leave you spellbound with it’s brilliant story-telling. Nobody can play the character of an ultra-strict father better than Ronit Roy and Rohan’s journey of freedom is something you’ll have to witness to appreciate it!
11. The LunchboxImage SourceWhat a brilliant work of art! The best of the movies are the ones that tell a simple tale. The story of two lives whose paths cross because of a wrong delivery is what the story is about. When there are actors like Irrfan Khan and Nawazuddin, you don’t have to say much. But what’s amazing is that Nimrat Kaur is at par and her work is just wonderful.
12. A WednesdayImage SourceThe cast is so inviting: Anupam Kher, Naseeruddin Shah, Jimmy Shergill…you would want to watch the movie without further checking the IMDB. The movie is fantastic. A case that keeps haunting a retired police officer, the case of a man and a Wednesday. The dialogues will make you whistle and you’ll fall in love with offbeat cinema!
13. Monsoon WeddingImage SourceMira Nair is a woman I highly respect. And if I had a chance, I would love to learn the art of making movies from her. Monsoon Wedding is a 2001 film which talks about so many issues in the most subtle manner. There are many stories in this film. The story of a stressed father, the bride with a secret, the bride’s cousin with a deeper, darker secret. It’s an overwhelming ride of emotions and the beauty of relationships.
14. No SmokingImage SourceAnother film from Anurag Kashyap. Watch this strange movie since it tells the tale of a man who is a chain smoker. The movie is not just about quitting smoking; it’s about quitting any addiction. Welcome to realistic cinema. The theme is hard to make a movie on that’s why Kashyap is pure genius.
15. SwadesImage SourceAnother offbeat, a brilliant movie starring a famous star! I can absolutely watch this movie over and over again. The story of a man who comes to India to take his nanny with him to the U.S.A. but instead falls in love with India. The movies will show the life of rural India and honestly, at the end will make you hopeful. Shahrukh Khan is wonderful and the movie is a must-watch.
16. Stanley ka DabbaImage SourceSoft, simple and a gem of a movie. If you think it’s a movie for kids, please throw your preconceived notions out the window and watch this beautiful movie. It revolves around a teacher who forces students to share their tiffins with him and threatens one because he is unable to bring one. Very moving, very well written and amazingly executed!
17. Being CyrusImage SourceOriginally named ‘Akoori’, this movie is about a young man who enter the lives of the dysfunctional Sethna family. It is a dark, intense, comic urbane film and a movie well ahead of its time. Very intelligently written and well-directed, this movie should be on your bucket list.
18. MaqboolImage SourceIt’s extremely difficult to adapt a play and convert it into a movie that tells the story in an Indian way. So hats-off to Vishal Bharadwaj for his brilliant adaptation! The casting is superb and so is the characterization. The script is fantastic and Macbeth couldn’t have reached the masses in a better way!
19. AligarhImage SourceIf you haven’t seen this movie, you probably have missed out so much. The story of a professor expelled from his university because of his sexual orientation and his struggles is heart-wrenching and honestly, making a movie on a controversial topic is brave. The movie might seem slow at times but I love it. The scene where Manoj Bajpai sings a song along with the radio is so touching and moving and wonderfully executed. A brilliant movie that should definitely be watched.
20. The NamesakeImage SourceBased on Jhumpa Lahiri’s novel and directed by Mira Nair, the movie will take you into its world and leave you speechless! It gives you a look into family ties, clashing value and culture and all of it is so beautifully written and directed. Kudos to you, Mira Nair!
21. Manorama: Six Feet UnderImage SourceThis movie is intriguing, complex and gives you a thrilling ride. It’s not a simple movie and it will weave the story into web and then untangle it slowly. Abhay Deol is obviously fantastic and will leave a deep impact on you. Gul Panag is amazing too! Watch it and see it for yourself!
22. DasvidaniyaImage SourceVinay Pathak is one of my favorite actors and no one can do the protagonist’s role better than him. This movie will leave you pleased, satisfied and wondering how you delayed watching it. The story about a man loves to make lists and makes a final one when he realizes he is about to die. The story is simple and the performances are brilliant.
23. ShahidImage SourceBased on the real-life story of controversial lawyer Shahid Azmi who was assassinated in 2010, this movie was very moving and had a deep impact. Rajkumar Rao is amazing and he’ll leave you stunned by his performance. It is honest and very responsibly made. Do watch it if you have a love for cinema!
24. LSDImage SourceThree stories told through a camera which is a part of the story is amazing! The cast is new but very convincing. The director has tried something new in the movie and has succeeded to an extent. Watch the movie for its experience.
25. Mr. and Mrs. IyerImage SourceNot really famous but a great movie that Indian cinema produced. The story about a devout Hindu woman who protects a Muslim man when communal riots break out. A very sensitive topic; the characters have been done justice and how couldn’t they have been done when played by Rahul Bose and Konkana Sen Sharma. Wonderful movie and should definitely be watched.
26. I Am KalamImage SourceSimple, sweet with perfect narration, it’s the story of a boy who calls himself Kalam with the hope of becoming like Abdul Kalam someday. It depicts the story of poor India and the struggles of uneducated masses. It’s a great watch!
27. IqbalImage SourceIqbal is one the movies that people watched and discussed. The story of a deaf and mute boy with a passion for cricket and his journey. Shreyas Talpade was so brilliant that he shocked us. The relationships are wonderfully portrayed the screenplay is very tight. If you haven’t watched this, please do!
28. Dev DImage SourceOne must think I am biased towards Anurag Kashyap but he owns the world of offbeat cinema. An unconventional interpretation and portrayal of Devdas, this movie is just superb. The music is fantastic and the performance will leave you reeling. So much talent in one movie, it overwhelms me.
29. Khosla Ka GhoslaImage SourceOffbeat and comedy. One of the very few comedy movies that’ll leave your stomach hurting. The story of a middle-class man from Delhi who tries to get back his land from a property dealer with the help of his family and friends. It should be watched if you are looking for a movie one can related to and laugh at!
30. Sulemaani KeedaImage SourceA hilarious movie on two struggling ‘bros’ who knock on every door in Mumbai to realize their dream of becoming writers. Very realistic and honestly, you will see your story somewhere in them. If you are a struggler in the city of dreams, you’ll be able to relate to it. And it’ll be strange and weird if you do not like i
BAHUBALI - One of the Best Indian Movie Product!
So, 14th July 2015 @ 10:20 pm, after full day's work and a beer, I went to watch Bahubali.
Perception before the movie: Actually, I didn't saw the trailer of the movie, and because a friend booked it, I went to see it. The only few things I saw about the movie was that it has done huge amount of business in few days, so what? Sallu Bhai's Movies does.. SRK's typical romantic movies does.. Aamir PK did..
I though, I will sit relax and if I feel sleepy I will go off to sleep.
Perception during the movie: When movie started, there were little illogical scenes of how a guy climbs on a huge mountain basis a mask, which to the hero's imagination is a awesome Hot Girl.
Moreover, almost 20 people left when the first love song came and the Hero was ripping Heroine and doing some mad romantic illogical steps. I stayed calm, even when my friend said "Ghar Chale Kya ? Sab Log ja rahe h". But till that time also, there quite a few scenes where the story grips you and makes you think, Bhai Waah!
As the movie progressed, it became so much engaging and entertaining that you can't take a susu break too, apart from one more idiotically place song, which reminds me - why do Indian movies need songs to thrive when the other things are good.
And the movie goes on and on and on ... it doesn't let you take your eye off the screen. It just hooks you on. There were several things in movie which beats standard of Indian Cinema. The director has taken the movie to another LEVEL of Indian cinema.
Perception after the movie: Various movie sequences keep coming back to your head, wanting to see more. I wont reveal the suspense as to what happens, but still would say - its sequel should have been released in 2015.
Quite a few thoughts come to my mind -
How would the idea person of the movie would have convinced producer/investor to put 250 Cr for this movie, and that too just the first half of the story?How many presentations and excel sheets would have gone in to it?How many pre-production meetings discussing the details and scaled would have happened to execute this level of project?I think that to think and execute this project with an fantastic final product is in itself a mark of how detailed oriented and execution focussed its people would have been. I truly recommend everyone to go and watch this film in theaters, because on Laptop or TV - you wouldn't understand the scale and breadth of it.
Awaiting its next part in 2016...
15 Incredible Movies That Will Blow Your Mind
Everyone loves movies with confusing plots. Their unparalleled suspense and tension keeps us on our toes; they puzzle and confuse us, but keep us watching until the very end. They make us think, doubt and come up with our own conclusions.
Hide and Seek
As a widower, psychiatrist David tries hard to get his life together in the wake of his wife’s suicide, whilst his daughter finds consolation in her imaginary friend ’Charlie’. At first, David doesn’t pay much attention to her fantasies; however, once strange things begin to happen, he is forced to turn his attention to his daughter’s new friend. The question is: who is ’Charlie’?
This movie will really make you rack your brains trying to work out what’s going on. Simon is a shy office worker. It seems that his life couldn’t possibly get any worse: colleagues ignore him and his crush doesn’t seem to know he exists. Then, his double appears. James is the spitting image of Simon, yet personality wise he is his exact opposite: confident, charismatic and seductive to women. From that moment on, Simon’s life seems to start slipping away from him...to James.
Donnie Darko is a weirdo, and the film itself is as strange as it gets. The plot is tricky to comprehend, but captivating. This film has gained a very large number of followers, many of which consider it to be an iconic piece of cinema.
Trevor Resnik hasn’t slept in a year. He looks like a skeleton wandering between his dreams and reality. The overarching plot, dialogue, acting and music in this film are astonishing. They turn the movie into a dreamlike experience, where the hero is trying to fall asleep and at the same time to understand what won’t let him do so. You’ve never seen Christian Bale like this before.
Arthur and Norma are a young family who are experiencing financial difficulties. All of a sudden they find a package at their doorstep, containing a wooden box with a button. Somebody arrives shortly after only to explain that that pressing a button could instantly rid them of their financial problems, since when they do so they will immediately receive $1 million...However at that same time somebody, somewhere in the world will die. Could you take someone’s life to solve your own problems?
Being John Malkovich
Craig Shwartz discovers a portal in his study that literally leads into the head of the movie star, John Malkovich. Having made this unusual discovery, he decides to organise guided tours into Malkovich’s head for everyone. It seems like this movie was created specifically to get into our minds and break something inside.
A stunning melodrama with a highly sensitive storyline which keeps you in suspense till the very end. The outcome is unpredictable; the plot is intriguing, and the tension and mystery is never-ending. With all that in mind, special attention should also be paid to a truly splendid compilation of soundtracks.
Having spent 20 years in an asylum, the strange and unsociable Dennis Clegg returns to the home where he spent his childhood. Much like a spider, he spends his time crawling through the thick web of memories which teem in his abnormal mind. We won’t reveal any more — let’s just say that true movie lovers should definitely watch this film.
This is one truly gripping movie. A guy watches a rental movie and spots an actor who looks exactly like him. From that point onwards, he becomes obsessed with finding and meeting his double. But is it really a double, or is something else going on?
A powerful movie with a clever storyline and great acting. A corrupt junkie cop, Bruce Robertson, attempts to manipulate his way to a promotion in order to win back his wife and daughter while also fighting his own inner demons. Charismatic James McAvoy will surprise you with his brilliant performance.
A group of friends go on a yachting trip. The vessel gets caught in a storm, which turns the boat upside down, almost killing those onboard. However, another ship mysteriously appears in the nick of time, allowing everyone to escape seemingly inevitable death. Strangely enough, the newly arrived liner is empty, and even the clocks onboard have stopped...There is also the constant, haunting sensation among the castaways that somebody is watching them.
Stranded at a desolate motel during a powerful storm, ten strangers become acquainted with each other. However, very soon they realise that they’re being killed off one by one — and the killer is amongst them. We guarantee that you won’t be able to guess how it all ends.
A good-for-nothing father, Noah, decides to show his ten-year-old daughter Jeliza-Rose the house where he spent his childhood, which is situated in the boundless wheat fields. It so happens that the young girl ends up alone on the decrepit country estate, where she lives inside her own imagination. This definitely isn’t a movie for a mainstream audience. You don’t have to understand it, you don’t have to believe it, but you won’t be able to take your eyes off it until the very end.
Inland EmpireIt seems that David Lynch’s films have long earned themselves a special place in cinematography. There is no need to either describe or even explain any of his movies, and this includes "Inland Empire". They don’t conform to our understanding of common sense, nor do they follow any logic. The film is a must for hardcore movie lovers.
The Life of David GaleThis is perhaps one of the best movies ever made about a man’s struggle against the justice system. Kevin Spacey’s magnificent play grabs your attention with an ironclad grip from the very beginning and holds it till the very end. You won’t believe your eyes...
Om Puri Dies at 66: Best 5 movies of the legendary actor
Om Puri has been a lively part of Indian and Pakistani film industry and has also been a part of various Hollywood movies.The Padma Shri awardee passed away on January 06, 2016, at 66 years of age
Om Puri is one of the most versatile actors who has been a part of a broad genre of films. The Padma Shri awardee passed away today morning, on January 06, 2016, at 66 years of age. Om Puri has been a lively part of Indian and Pakistani film industry and has also been a part of various Hollywood movies. The actor has also participated in various social causes and has been one of the most straightforward actors who has voiced his opinions from time to time.
According to reports, the actor suffered a heart attack this morning. The actor has had a long spanning career of 44 years in the film industry, since his debut in the Marathi movie, Ghashiram Kotwal. The actor is most remembered for his cop roles where he has played a the good, bad and powerless cop. As the industry and the world mourn this great loss, here are the top five performances in the memory of this incredibly talented actor.
1. Ardh Satya
Ardh Satya is a 1983 movie directed by Govind Nihalani and one of the initial movies where Om Puri played a policeman. The film also stars Amrish Puri, Smita Patil, Naseeruddin Shah, and Sadashiv Amrapurkar, and features a theme poem by the Marathi writer Dilip Chitre. The movie itself has considered as one of the best cop dramas, and the actor won a National award for his portrayal of Sub-Inspector, Anant Velankar.2. GhayalGhayal has been one of the best 90s movies. The movie, which had Sunny Deol and Meenakshi Seshadri in the lead, also had Om Puri in the role of the good cop. Om Puri played the role of ACP Joe D’Souza, who tried his best to work within the system and do the right thing. The actor continued to play this role and won our hearts in the sequel, Ghayal Once Again.3. DrohkaalThis 1994 crime drama was one of the first movies to portray India’s fight with terrorism. The movie has Om Puri in the lead role along with Naseeruddin Shah. They both play the role of good and honest law enforces in the film,. The movie also examines the mental and psychological trauma that honest police officers go through in their fight against terrorism.4. MaqboolMaqbool is a 2003 Vishal Bharadwaj drama based on play Macbeth by Shakespeare. The movie had Pankaj Kapoor, Irrfan Khan, Tabu and Masumeh Makhija in the lead role. However, the role of Om Puri and Naseeruddin Shah were that of one of the best supporting characters. They played the comic role of corrupt police inspectors-cum-astrologers.5. Actor In LawThis 2016 Pakistani socio-comedy marked the debut of Om Puri in the Pakistani film industry. Directed by Nabeel Qureshi, the movie has Om Puri as Rafaqat Mirza, the strict dad who wants his son to be a lawyer. The actor’s role in the film was highly appreciated.
Ship of Theseus| Movie Review
Every indian had grown up watching great movies of Bollywood which in one way or another, has given us part moral part entertainment. In this chain, there is this great movie "Ship of Theseus". The film is indeed a low-budget, hardly-remembered movie made around a decade ago, yet it has a very decent story line and philosophical aspects of characters' life. The movie also maintains its relationship with the core idea which is 'What if a defective body part is replaced with another and how it affect ones life.' You will also get to see the struggle of the characters which at least motivated me. The second Best thing about the movie is screen scenes where the characters are shown in marvelous locations. Some scenes are so beautiful and the music is so soothing that some people would cry. In short, the movie "Ship of Theseus" is a movie when it comes to see something emotional and at the same time got some standard. I seriously recommend this movie.